< Back to the current issue of BAR
BAR Notables November/December 2014
Do you read your print copy of BAR and find yourself wanting to continue your learning by exploring the articles referenced in the footnotes? BAR Notables makes it easy for you to find all these referenced articles, all in one place. Link directly to every one of our articles from BAR, Bible Review and Archaeology Odyssey footnoted in the current issue. We hope you’ll jump right in and find even more to fascinate and engage you online.
- Hershel Shanks, “Fudging with Forgeries,” BAR, November/December 2010.
- Strata: “Accused BAR Editor Replies,” BAR, May/June 2009.
- Strata: “How an Israeli Forgery Committee Operates” BAR March/April 2009.
- Hershel Shanks, “Is This Inscription Fake? You Decide,” BAR, September/October 2007.
- André Lemaire, “Probable Head of Priestly Scepter from Solomon’s Temple Surfaces in Jerusalem,” BAR, January/February 1984.
- Ronald S. Hendel, “Noah, Enoch and the Flood: The Bible Meets Hollywood,” BAR, July/August 2014.
- Ronald S. Hendel, “The Search for Noah’s Flood,” Bible Review, June 2003.
- Hershel Shanks, “Where Is Mount Sinai?” BAR, March/April 2014.
- Matthew J. Adams, “On the Shoulders of Giants: Directing Jerusalem’s Albright Institute,” BAR, November/December 2014.
- Ronald F. Youngblood, “Counting the Ten Commandments,” Bible Review, December 1994.
- Ronald F. Youngblood, “Fallen Star,” Bible Review, December 1998.
- James P. Allen, “Monotheism,” Archaeology Odyssey, July/August 1999.
- Hershel Shanks, First Person: “Privies and Privacy,” BAR, March/April 2012.
- Sarah Yeomans, “A Toilet at Qumran,” Sidebar to Steve Mason, “Did the Essenes Write the Dead Sea Scrolls?” BAR, November/December 2008.
- Hershel Shanks, “The Puzzling Channels in Ancient Latrines,” BAR, September/October 2002.
- Steve Mason, “Where Was Jesus Born? O Little Town of ... Nazareth?” Bible Review, February 2000.
- Morten Hørning Jensen, “Antipas–The Herod Jesus Knew,” BAR, September/October 2012.
- Mark Chancey, “How Jewish Was Jesus’ Galilee?” BAR, July/August 2007.
- Mark Chancey and Eric M. Meyers, “Spotlight on Sepphoris: How Jewish Was Sepphoris in Jesus’ Time?” BAR, July/August 2000.
- Richard A. Batey, “Sepphoris–An Urban Portrait of Jesus,” BAR, May/June 1992.
The Other “Philistines”
- David Jacobson, “Charles Warren vs. James Fergusson,” BAR, September/October 2003.
- Dan Bahat, Jerusalem 3000: “Jerusalem Down Under: Tunneling Along Herod’s Temple Mount Wall,” BAR, November/December 1995.
- Leen Ritmeyer, “Locating the Original Temple Mount,” BAR, March/April 1992.
- Shimon Gibson, ReViews: “In the Footsteps of Wilson and Warren,” BAR, May/June 2013.