BAR Notables September/October 2017
Do you read your print copy of BAR and find yourself wanting to continue your learning by exploring the articles referenced in the footnotes? BAR Notables makes it easy for you to find all these referenced articles, all in one place. Link directly to every one of our articles from BAR, Bible Review and Archaeology Odyssey footnoted in the current issue. We hope you’ll jump right in and find even more to fascinate and engage you online.
- Yosef Garfinkel, Michael Hasel and Martin Klingbeil, “An Ending and a Beginning,” BAR, November/December 2013.
- Mohammad Najjar and Thomas E. Levy, “Condemned to the Mines—Copper Production and Christian Persecution,” BAR, November/December 2011.
- Thomas E. Levy and Mohammad Najjar, “Edom and Copper: The Emergence of Ancient Israel’s Rival,” BAR, July/August 2006.
- Hershel Shanks, First Person: “Life Was Not So Bad for Smelters,” BAR, January/February 2015.
- Victor Hurowitz, “Solomon’s Temple in Context,” BAR, March/April 2011.
- Steven Fine, “The Temple Menorah—Where Is It?” BAR, July/August 2005.
- Oren Gutfeld, “The Emperor’s New Church on Main Street, Jerusalem,” BAR, November/December 2013.
- Ronny Reich, “‘God Knows Their Names’—Mass Christian Grave Revealed in Jerusalem,” BAR, March/April 1996.
- Noah Wiener, “The Ophel Treasure,” Bible History Daily (blog), last modified September 1, 2015.
New Testament Political Figures
- Lawrence Mykytiuk, “Archaeology Confirms 50 Real People in the Bible,” BAR, March/April 2014.
- Lawrence Mykytiuk, “Archaeology Confirms 3 More Bible People,” BAR, May/June 2017.
- Lawrence Mykytiuk, “Did Jesus Exist? Searching for Evidence Beyond the Bible,” BAR, January/February 2015.
- R. Steven Notley, “Pontius Pilate: Sadist or Saint?” BAR, July/August 2017.