BAR Notables January/February 2018
Do you read your print copy of BAR and find yourself wanting to continue your learning by exploring the articles referenced in the footnotes? BAR Notables makes it easy for you to find all these referenced articles, all in one place. Link directly to every one of our articles from BAR, Bible Review and Archaeology Odyssey footnoted in the current issue. We hope you’ll jump right in and find even more to fascinate and engage you online.
- Trevor Bryce, “The Last Days of Hattusa,” Archaeology Odyssey, January/February 2005.
- “The Hittites: Between Tradition and History,” BAR, March/April 2016.
- Carolyn R. Higginbotham, “The Egyptianizing of Canaan,” BAR, May/June 1998.
- Hershel Shanks, “The Verdict on Advertisements for Near Eastern Antiquities—Dubitante,” BAR, November/December 1984.
- Trude Dothan, “Cultural Crossroads,” BAR, September/October 1998
- Yitzhak Magen, “Ancient Israel’s Stone Age: Purity in Second Temple Times,” BAR, September/October 1998.
Romancing the Stones
- Strata, “The Samaria Ivories—Phoenician or Israelite?” BAR, September/October 2017.
- Rupert Chapman, “Samaria—Capital of Israel,” BAR, September/October 2017.
- Hershel Shanks, “The Persisting Uncertainties of Kuntillet ‘Ajrud,” BAR, November/December 2012.