BAR Notables July/August 2016
Do you read your print copy of BAR and find yourself wanting to continue your learning by exploring the articles referenced in the footnotes? BAR Notables makes it easy for you to find all these referenced articles, all in one place. Link directly to every one of our articles from BAR, Bible Review and Archaeology Odyssey footnoted in the current issue. We hope you’ll jump right in and find even more to fascinate and engage you online.
- Hershel Shanks, “Predilections—Is the ‘Brother of Jesus’ Inscription a Forgery?” BAR, September/October 2015.
- Hershel Shanks, ed.,Archaeology’s Publication Problem, vol. 1 (Washington, DC: Biblical Archaeology Society, 1996).
- Hershel Shanks, ed.,Archaeology’s Publication Problem, vol. 2 (Washington, DC: Biblical Archaeology Society, 1996).
- Avraham Biran, “‘David’ Found at Dan,” BAR, March/April 1994.
- Avraham Faust, “Did Eilat Mazar Find David’s Palace?” BAR, September/October 2012.
- Eilat Mazar, “Did I Find King David’s Palace?” BAR, January/February 2006.
- Hershel Shanks, “Shifting the Temple Mount Dump: Finds from the First Temple Period to Modern Times,” BAR, July/August 2005.
- Chaim Ben-David, “Golan Gem—The Ancient Synagogue of Deir Aziz,” BAR, November/December 2007.
- Birger A. Pearson, Reviews: “Search for Fertilizer Yields Coptic Treasure,” BAR, January/February 2016.
- “Issue 200: Ten Top Discoveries,” BAR, July/August/September/October 2009.
- James M. Robinson, “What We Should Do Next Time Great Manuscripts Are Discovered,” BAR, January/February 1992.
- James Brashler, “Nag Hammadi Codices Shed New Light on Early Christian History,” BAR, January/February 1984.
- “Jesus of History vs. Jesus of Tradition,” BAR, November/December 2010.
- Marcus J. Borg, “The Search Begins: The Fathers of Historical Jesus Scholarship,” Bible Review, Summer 2005.
- Eta Linnemann, “Is There a Gospel of Q?” Bible Review, August 1995.
- Lawrence Schiffman, “A Short History of the Dead Sea Scrolls and What They Tell Us,” BAR, May/June 2015.