BAR Notables November/December 2017
Do you read your print copy of BAR and find yourself wanting to continue your learning by exploring the articles referenced in the footnotes? BAR Notables makes it easy for you to find all these referenced articles, all in one place. Link directly to every one of our articles from BAR, Bible Review and Archaeology Odyssey footnoted in the current issue. We hope you’ll jump right in and find even more to fascinate and engage you online.
- Jodi Magness, “Samson in the Synagogue,” BAR, January/February 2013.
- Jodi Magness, Scholar’s Update: “New Mosaics from the Huqoq Synagogue,” BAR, September/October 2013.
- Jodi Magness, Archaeological Views: “A Lucky Discovery Complicates Life,” BAR, March/April 2015.
- Strata: “More Mosaics at Huqoq,” BAR, January/February 2017.
- Robin Ngo, “Tour Showcases Remains of Herod’s Jerusalem Palace—Possible Site of the Trial of Jesus,” Bible History Daily (blog), originally published on January 8, 2015.
- Martin Seyer, “Mysterious Jewish Building in Roman Turkey,” BAR, January/February 2016.
- Frankie Snyder, Gabriel Barkay and Zachi Dvira, “What the Temple Floor Looked Like,” BAR, November/December 2016.
- Patricia Smith, “Infants Sacrificed? The Tale Teeth Tell,” BAR, July/August 2014.
- David Ussishkin, “Jezreel: Where Jezebel Was Thrown to the Dogs” BAR, July/August 2010.
- Janet Howe Gaines, “How Bad Was Jezebel?” Bible Review, October 2000.
- Mary Joan Winn Leith, “First Lady Jezebel,” Bible Review, August 2004.
- Mary Joan Winn Leith, “Earliest Depictions of the Virgin Mary,” BAR, March/April 2017.